Abrams Planetarium is primarily an astronomy education venue. Our building has a lobby with exhibits about astronomy and a 141-seat theater with the Digistar 6 planetarium system. Our space can be used as an immersive theater and can support content in almost any subject. Programs offered include pre-recorded and fully live shows that can be customized for school groups. We also have other events and activities for people of all ages.
- Planetarium shows for the general public: Shows for the public are Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Planetarium shows for groups: The planetarium schedules school shows/group visits and university classes/programs only during the week. No public presentations are given weekdays, shows are by reservation only.
- Sensory friendly shows: The Abrams Planetarium offers sensory friendly shows on the third Sunday of every month. These shows will run with the lights up, the sound down and the theater doors open so people can move about as needed. We also provide a place to "chill out" in our lobby.
- Spartan Young Astronomers Club: The Spartan Young Astronomer Club (SYAC) is for kids ages 8-12 who are curious and love learning about astronomy! These budding young astronomers will explore the wonders of the universe. Each month, SYAC members will have opportunities to explore a theme in astronomy through demonstrations, planetarium presentations, and hands-on activities.
- Sky Calendar subscription: The Abrams Planetarium Sky Calendar promotes skywatching for people of all ages. As its name implies, the sheet for each month takes the form of a calendar. Diagrams in the boxes invite the reader to track the moon's rapid motion past the planets and bright stars of the zodiac, as well as to follow the more leisurely pace of the planets in their gatherings with bright stars and other planets.
- Portable Planetarium